And back home

Over 32 days I have covered 4510 kM.

I have spent 2 nights on the ferry, 3 nights staying with friends, 13 nights in accommodation, 12 nights camping and 1 night glamping. 

I have spent a night at the zoo and got quite up close and personal with large and dangerous animals. 

I have flown in a World War II bi plane

I have snorkelled in Kilsby Sinkhole 

I have visited the Parkes radio telescope 

I have done a couple of awesome walks in Garden of Stone National Park 

I've found some gorgeous orchids 

I've spent a lovely couple of nights at Jarvis Bay at my favourite campsite Green Patch 

I've driven some lovely roads

I've spent time with friends and family

Let's say overall, I've had a pretty awesome month.

My arrival in Devonport after a mainly smooth night's sailing was as colours of sunrise were tinging the horizon.  It has obviously been raining and given that there is a road alert for frost on the Highland Lakes Road, and it is only 7 degrees when I arrive in Deloraine, I shall  not travel that route.


I was home before midday and by mid afternoon had the car empty of camping gear, washing done and various bits aired.  And had been shopping for groceries with good intentions of cooking a gourmet meal but exhaustion is setting in.  Still much sorting to do inside and don't mention the garden which is a riot of colour and has about a week's worth of work to do in it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Channelling Amelia and Amy

Holes in the ground - and getting into some!

On my way